RDG 350 Week 3 Issue and Trend Interview Blog
Congratulations! The blog that you created in Week 1 for the school librarian has been a success with students and parents on your campus. Your principal would like to expand the appeal of your children’s literature blog to include teachers across the local district.
Interview a children’s literature librarian regarding current issues and trends in children’s literature. The librarian might be from a school or public library setting.
Research what reputable leaders in the children’s literature community say are the issues and trends in children’s literature.
Write a 350- to 525-word blog post about current issues and trends in children’s literature. Consider how the current issues and trends in children’s literature might affect classroom use of children’s literature.
Include the following in your blog:
- An introductory paragraph
- At least 10 questions for the librarian that you interview
- The questions you asked
- The responses from the children’s librarian
- General information about the librarian or library
- For privacy reasons, avoid using any personal information such as the name of the person or school.
- Resources, such as course content, book titles, or websites, to illustrate the answers that you receive
- Link children’s literature authors and illustrators to the trends you found
- Comparison of their answers to reputable leaders in the children’s literature community
- How these trends affect the selection of books to use in the classroom
Include references according to APA guidelines.
Submit a link to your blog in a Microsoft® Word document. The document should include your name.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.